Senior System Administrator
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator who will be a key contributor in our growing enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have a very collaborative attitude along with wide experience supporting large enterprise Windows Server environments leveraging PowerShell scripting. This position will provide deep technical expertise in systems administration with a focus on infrastructure and application support. Critical to this role includes being driven to complete projects and assignments and being open to mentoring and guidance. Other responsibilities will include supporting system hardware, multiple versions of Windows Operating Systems, monitoring systems, and related services while following and adhering to industry best practices and compliance in support of our business objectives.
- Leading technical efforts to streamline support of high-availability environments.
- Part of team responsible for supporting and managing Microsoft Products such as: CRM Dynamics, xRM, Biztalk, Great Plains, Exchange, MS SQL, AD and Azure Cloud.
- Shares in server operations and application support of production, QA and Dev applications provisioned on physical and virtual servers.
- Improving department efficiencies with automation and process enhancements
- Maintaining consistent service levels of multiple on-premise data centers and cloud environments, including Microsoft O365, SharePoint Online, and other cloud products.
- Champions change and helps mentor other administrators
- Shares in assessing viability of cloud readiness of applications
- Works to remove roadblocks with other team members
- Soft skills that include coordinating meetings and communicating with non-technical staff on project requests
- Adheres to periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Monitors and performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimizations as required
- Supports existing businesses, reviews and recommends more efficient IT solutions
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Provides after hours on-call support
- Bachelors degree or 7 years of equivalent technical experience in a large, enterprise environment.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Any technical certifications a plus.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate delivery of IT solutions for business needs.
- Skills, Abilities, or Other Qualifications: Strong technical understanding of enterprise computing solutions including cloud hosting, SAS models and architectural design and oversight responsibilities. Strong PowerShell skills plus experience with Puppet, Chef, and other similar tools.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.