Student Intake Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a full time Student Intake Specialist. This position is responsible reviewing applications to ensure applicants qualify for admission and that student records are accurate in our system. This position has the responsibility of collecting information about new or returning students to ensure admissions files are completed in a timely manner with all transfer transcripts.
The Student Intake Specialist is customer service focused and efficiently supports the student in the enrollment process. This position is responsible for the timely review and processing of student applications, ensuring students meet admission requirements for program of study, and requesting transcripts on behalf of applicants. The position also works with student files (activities) and is customer service-focused and supports the enrollment process in effective and efficient manner. The position is additionally responsible for collecting students missing transcripts or documents required for the degree program.
- Understands and applies GCU admission requirements accurately to all student applications and programs of study, ensuring compliance with Department of Education guidelines.
- Completes all necessary process steps in accordance with GCUs workflow, policies, and requirements.
- Reviews all applications in accordance with applicable deadlines.
- Quality review of documentation to ensure program requirements are met, documents are legible, and file is complete.
- Transfer transcript request forms on behalf of applicant same-day as application processing.
- Update system statuses to ensure accurate reflection of the state of student admission files.
- Contributes to the development of GCU admissions processes and systems.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Processes all necessary steps to receive official transcript(s) in accordance with GCU workflow, policies, and requirements.
- Contacts students and other colleges/universities as needed in response to students transcript status.
- Responds in a timely manner to stakeholders regarding admission records, including but not limited to admission criteria and transcript statuses, with complete and accurate information.
- Utilize professional, solution-orientated communication with internal and external customers regarding the resolution of needed admission file documents/transcripts.
- Review and process Student Information Release Forms (SIRF) and update as required.
- High school diploma, or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1-year work experience in a business environment.
- Ability to become familiar and proficient with GCU admission policies.
- Ability to adjust to processes and admission policy updates and changes quickly.
- Outstanding attention to detail and effective research skills.
- Absolute commitment to meeting strict response deadline.
- High-level customer service and effective professional communication by phone, email, and instant messenger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative and cohesive manner.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities professionally and maintain composure while under deadline pressure.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite with ability to use multiple systems at one time on two monitors.
- Able to interact and build relationships with internal and external customers in a professional demeanor.
- Commitment to quality, data integrity, and compliant with company, state, and federal regulations and policies.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
- Call center experience preferred, but not required.
- Professional phone skills and ability to create urgency in phone conversations, ensuring respectful, productive and solution-orientated conversations.
- Ability to work in a team environment in collaborative and cohesive manner, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information, effectively troubleshooting solutions while assisting students/counselors in the collection of transcripts/documents.
- Ability to maintain confidential student information (i.e. FERPA).
- Ability to accept and adapt to various work schedules outside of normal business hours.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.