Video Editor - AZ Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Video Editor. The focus of this role is visually telling the many stories of the clients brands through commercials, testimonials and other video story telling techniques that can be shared on the clients social platforms and through broadcast. By using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, the editor creates and produces high-quality, multi-media assets that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets including national media as a means to market to relevant audiences and thereby creating brand awareness among these audiences. The position works closely with the Creative Director, Producer and all other relevant stakeholders to produce the desired product.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Participates and develops creative solutions for addressing client branding/marketing initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Executes each asset visual style as provided by Creative Director.
- Works closely with producer in charge, determines content and format of productions.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material creating compelling and visually interesting products; observes brand standards, ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product; creates photo galleries and slideshows with audio when needed.
- Evaluated edited footage to ensure it matches the story from the script and meets the narrative agenda of the produce and director
- Edits footage into timelines and cut time out of certain shots to create a more impactful story
- Maintains daily workflow and follow established department process to ensure all projects meet agreed upon deadline
- Combines visual footage with audio sound effects, dialogue, ambient sound to create the right "Emotion" for the story
- Ensures all editing cuts, splices, changes and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product
- Creates sound effects by recording specific audio clips or choose audio effects from a database of sounds to include in the finished product.
- Discusses project timeline, narrative structure, story goals, etc. with director and producer as project is edited.
- Edits and distributes media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Must have valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Able to travel, which may require extended hours or overnights (25% of time).
- Able to pass pre-employment background check
- Able to work flexible schedules and extended hours.
- Full video with audio post production knowledge and capabilities including encoding and compression skills
- Possesses a keen eye for space, timing and movement aesthetics; able to select most effective shot in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity.
- Must be familiar with and able to utilize ENG technologies to create a compelling visual story using color to express mood and feeling.
- Ability to apply advanced editing, motion graphics and animation skills
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and principles of editing trends and techniques, motion after effect, photo editing and image manipulation; including layout, typography, color, balance and composition.
- Experience in operating Video Cameras, EFP, sound recording equipment and lighting equipment and production. Experience with file types of high end cameras (RED Weapon Dragon or ARRI Alexa) Aware of different cameras, compressions, LUTs, etc.
- Experience with digital workflows for images and videos
- Experience with Premiere or Final Cut Pro (Premiere preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of software:
- After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- Davinci Resolve
- Proficient skill in high quality encoding techniques for online distribution of videos.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations, and ability to work with culturally diverse peoples.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in teams.
- Must be able to manage time/priorities and multi-task to handle both long term projects and those that require a quick or aggressive turn-around.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology landscape.
- Ability to operate in both Windows and Mac environment and be proficient with attendant software.
- Willing to work various hours and days of the week as necessary.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.