Web Designer (UX / UI Design)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Web Designer. Reporting to the Web Design Manager this position will work collaboratively with various members within the marketing department including peer web designers, front and back-end developers, digital marketing specialists, assigned marketing partners, executing the user interface and user experience design for partner web properties. The Web Designer will create wireframes, mockups and other visual tools for web enhancements resulting in improved user experience including but not limited to time on page, bounce rates, etc.
The Web Designer will work collaboratively with various members within the marketing department including peer web designers, front and back-end developers, digital marketing specialists, assigned marketing partners, executing the user interface and user experience design for partner web properties. The Web Designer will create wireframes, mockups and other visual tools for web enhancements resulting in improved user experience including but not limited to time on page, bounce rates, etc.
- Conceptualize original web design concepts for partner web properties.
- Translate conceptual ideas into user stories, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Execute concepts to meet the marketing stakeholders project/web initiative requirements.
- Design for responsive web applications ensuring the design is optimized for use on all applicable devices and designed for accessibility and inclusion
- Design with a user-centered design approach and a strong focus on user experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off, while upholding current brand standards and identities.
- Conduct research and user tests, document results, and analyze findings to inform design decisions and make user experience recommendations.
- Use content management systems to edit/create complex pages from scratch and/or with defined page builder tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline (web design, digital design, graphic design, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in web design or interface design.
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Demonstrate strong online portfolio touching on web, user interface, and UX design.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.